When it comes to house cleaning, there are several categories of cleaning like cleaning of the bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen and other parts of the house. One vital part of house cleaning is window cleaning.
As it is known, glass, being a type of porous stone, requires annual maintenance to retain its glaze and sparkle. If not cleaned periodically, glass can get stained and prolonged staining will cause corrosion, leading to the need for costly replacement. In order to prevent this kind of expenditure, it is advisable to conduct proper cleaning of the glass.
Let us look at some of the effective ways to clean a window:
1) Removal of Stubborn Stains: compared to the internal side of the window, the external part is far more prone to getting stained since it is exposed to various elements like rainwater, dust, and more all the time. For a quick removal of those stubborn stains, you can use CLR, a mineral-deposit-removing cleaner, or pure vinegar. Apply either of these on the stained portion, leave it for a bit and proceed with normal cleaning using water.
2) Getting Rid of Stickers: If you have children in your house who love to stick stickers on the windows, it can end up being a big problem. Stickers contain sticky glue that becomes really difficult to remove. But if you spray water on the sticker, let it stay for a while and gently scrape upwards, your windows will surely get back their lost beauty!
3) Cleaning Screens: This is important when cleaning windows annually. After wiping the screen with a dry cloth, you can spray water using a spray bottle. Add some vinegar or dish soap to warm water, wipe it down and see the magic! Your window will look nothing less than new.
4) Wiping the Windows Dry: A squeegee with a rubber blade is the perfect tool to wipe away water vertically for small-pane windows. For an effective cleaning, it is important to wipe the blade dry with a cloth in between each stroke. Replacing the rubber blade is necessary, as dull blades leave marks on the window after every stroke.
5) Removing Excess Water: It is important that after all your cleaning procedures are over, the extra drops of water be rubbed dry with a clean cloth. Otherwise, your windows will have water stains again, which could spoil all your efforts in making your windows glaze and shine.
6) Corner-cleaning with Cotton Swabs: Did you know that cotton swabs are ideal to clean those difficult areas of your window? Despite your greatest efforts, you will find residue building up at the corners of the glass and without the right item, it is difficult to remove that residue. A cotton swab, being the perfect size for that area, performs the right action effectively.
Conclusion: To achieve that perfectly shining window glass, it is important to know the right method of cleaning. And after you performing the right procedure and seeing your glass shine, there is no limit to the joy that you will feel! Thus, should you be a resident of California, feel free to call for a window cleaner in San Francisco.