As a homeowner, cleaning your gutter should be a top priority on your home “to-do lists” as this maintains the beauty and value of your property. Keeping leaves, sticks, and any debris out of gutters is crucial for protecting the structure of your home and, of course, preventing inconveniences in the future.
Thus, Greenforce Clean Team, your trusted provider of house cleaning services in San Francisco, California, brings you 5 easy and safe steps in cleaning your gutters.
- Of course, dress for the job. Like the experts in housekeeping in San Francisco, make sure to wear a long-sleeved shirt, work pants, and rubber gloves.
- Have a quality, sturdy, extendable ladder available. For safety, always place the ladder on a sturdy surface, or you can also use a ladder stabilizer to help prevent damage to the gutters.
- To remove the gunk from the gutters, you can use a small, plastic scoop or try your child’s sand shovel. An old plastic kitchen spatula works fine too!
- Spare your lawn by spreading a tarp underneath your workspace to collect all the gutter gunk.
- Once you’ve removed the gunk and debris, you can use a garden hose to flush the gutters and downspouts – clearing out any remaining debris. And this will also show you if there are any roof leaks.